11/19/2023

For Willie Nelson

My life has been of pain,
Grandmother did the best she could,
Tried to raise pigs in my youth,
Instead took  the guitar and song,
I wandered into the forest for  so long,
seeking shelter from the storms that raged,

From a distance, I  heard  lyres,
The music  lead me out of  the forest,
By  the riverside was   Sirens in song,
Lillies floating upon the waters,
St. John,  beckoned,  I went into the water,
Sudden swift winds arose,
Carried me to the distant shore,
Nor cry, or did I weep.


As my eyes opened and before me,

Stood St John and in his hands,
Was honey and locus beans,
Wrapped in flatbread,
thus  I ate and was filled.

His calm voice spoke,
Now son, take your Guitar,
Continue on, for you have so much  work,
That needs to be done...
c. roscoebeauregard.blogspot.com
1.11.18

No comments: